Thursday, December 29, 2011

So Close!!!

Well, this week I was supposed to do my longest run so far: 11 miles. I was excited after FINALLY getting to the double digits, but a little nervous because I had to do it on my own, on a 1-mile track at the AnMed campus. Running around in a circle 11 times with nothing but my thoughts wasn't getting me super excited (btw, I don't run with music, headphones, anything...that took some getting used to, but now I couldn't imagine it any other way:D )

ANYWAY, so I start running and it was feeling like it might be a rough one. I had decided to go 3 miles one way, then 3 miles the opposite way until the end. So, I get to the top of the hill after my 3rd lap, and turn around. Then I hear someone yell my name. It was Jen! She had just gotten there (her parent happen to live in the same town as me...so random!) and was starting a 9 mile run. Since we got to talking, I decided to run the whole way with her. Which meant, drumroll please...

I RAN 12 MILES!!!

Holy Christmas. The day after Christmas I did 12 miles. That's only 1.1 miles less than what I'll be running on race day!!! I was super excited:)

Between upping my miles and all the chocolate I've eaten over break (thanks family!), I'll hopefully not have gained TOO much. I just can't turn away from so much chocolate. It's terrible.
Anyway, I've decided that New Year's Day I'm going to run my own personal half marathon. Start of the year with 13.1 miles. We'll see how it goes:) Should be very interesting to see!!! Also, I'm going to attempt to give up sodas until the half. Then I'll take a long hard look at my chocolate. I may have to give myself one soda a day for the caffeine. We'll see!

15 days until the Charleston Half-Marathon
92 days until the Cooper River Bridge Run

No comments:

Post a Comment