Monday, December 19, 2011

DOUBLE DIGITS!


Holy crap. Double digits. I've finally arrived!

After an annoying ankle problem delayed my original double digit mark date, I've finally reached it. I did my first 10 miler today, and I did it alone. Everyone's left for Christmas break, but I stuck around so that I could do the 10 miles on the peninsula.

I'm not going to lie and say it was a breeze. I always end up starting out too hard, and the first 3 miles were terrible. But after I got in my groove, around 10:30min/miles, it was pretty good. Then the last mile was rough, but I did it!

I even rewarded myself with a whey protein shake for the first time since I did P90X a couple years ago. I'm hoping it won't hurt my weight loss stuff (2lbs to go!!!), but I thought my leg muscles might appreciate it:)

Ankle is still bothering me, but I iced it after the run. Hopefully after the half I can start working on rehabing it, but I'm going to make it another 3.5 weeks. Hopefully!


25 days until the Charleston Half-Marathon
102 days until the Cooper River Bridge Run

No comments:

Post a Comment