Wednesday, September 7, 2011

West Ashley Greenway

"the west ashley greenway is a ten and a half mile hiking and bike trail located in west ashley, just outside of charleston, sc. the greenway stretches from the south windermere shopping center (on folly road) to johns island. most of the route follows highway 17.  the greenway can be used from dawn to dusk. parking is available at either terminus"

I'd heard a few people mentioning the greenway and I've been wanting to try it out. I've been kind of nervous about jumping back into running outside, but there's only so many times you can run around a 1/6 mile indoor track before you lose your mind. Now that it's getting cooler at a decent running hour, I can try it out! Plus, I had to switch from the conveniently located Bee Street Garage (right next door to the Wellness Center) to another off-campus parking this semester...so yeah. And I figure just driving 3-5 minutes down the road to the greenway will be better (aka more convenient = more motivation!) than all the way to campus, parking, getting into the gym...all that fun stuff.

MOST FAVORITE PART: Gravel/grass. My knees/ankles/back/joints in general aren't the best in the world. So having the option to run on the grass is AWESOME. My body didn't really hurt at all after my little run/walk adventure. They've got a lot of it closed off and it's not marked super well, so I'm relying on my friend who told me out and back was a grand total of 3.4 miles.
days

So...3.4 miles running/walking in 35 minutes and my P90x Ab Ripper X when I goth. Not tooooooo bad. Though I could tell I was really winded when I was trying to sing along to the radio on my drive home (although I've also had a bit of a cold for the past few days). Hopefully this new running track will keep me on my toes for a while!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment