Monday, September 5, 2011

Here Goes Nothing!

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I did anything in the blogging world, but here I go again! I've decided to get more into running, and I've signed up for my first ever half-marathon here in Charleston. I'm super excited, but nervous about jumping from 3 mile runs to completing 13.1!

I had been doing pretty well with the running thing over the summer (I started PT school and only went to class, studied and ran). Once exams started showing up, though, running suffered, and between finals and our two weeks off, I did ZERO running. Yeah, I know, this first week back told me that I should never do that again!

Needless to say, I'm behind where I want to be at this point in the whole training thing. Hopefully this blog, along with signing up for a half-marathon training program at the MUSC Wellness Center, will give me the motivation to stick to my plan. We'll see how it goes!

I'm aiming to post on here at least once a week with a running log, weigh in and possibly a food log. Maybe that'll get me to stop eating all those Hershey kisses sitting around my apartment!

Here's the goal (with a slightly earlier date...lol):


60 days until James Island Connector 10k
130 days until Charleston Half-Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment