Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Outing With My Half Training Program


So, went out for my first run with the program I joined. The full marathon trainees have been going out for a little while, and were running with us. Way to make me feel inadequate. I definitely felt like a fatty next to those kids:P

ANYWAY, so Tuesdays are going to be our speed work days, and Sundays our long run days. Today we did a 1.2 mile warm up, then 0.5 speed runs, then a 1.2 mile cool down. He set it up for the marathoners to do 2 sets (2 miles) and the halfsies  (as I'll call us). When we were done with the first set, I wasn't feeling toooooo terrible, so I decided to keep going. Here were my times:

0.5 miles - 4 min. 24 sec.
1.0 miles - 4 min. 09 sec.
1.5 miles - 4 min. 08 sec.
2.0 miles - 4 min. 23 sec (I had to walk for a couple seconds...I didn't time it)

Around 7.5 minutes into the cool down (I'll say maybe 0.75 miles, maybe more), I started walking. So probably ran about 4 miles total. Not too shabby. Though now my IT bands and quads are really angry. I was already sore after running yesterday, and my arm is killing me from that stupid flu shot. So I guess I'll be nice and let my body take a day off tomorrow:) It's been doing a lot for me.

I stretched pretty well when I got home, and massaged out my left upper leg really well, hoping that'll get rid of SOME of tomorrow's soreness. I plan on stretching again before bed, and hopefully in the morning:P We'll see how it goes!

Today's Stats (according to my scale)
Weight: 169.2 lbs
BMI:     26.8

Apparently a BMI over 25 is overweight...so I'd need to loose exactly 10 lbs. to be "Normal." Though that isn't taking into account my muscle mass. Because, you know, I'm a beast. lol. I would like to get down to at least 160 again though, so we'll aim for that!

52 days until the James Island Connector 10k
122 days until the Charleston Half-Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment